Organizing means different things to different people and only you can determine how to make changes that will improve your own unique lifestyle. If you are feeling overwhelmed, below are some steps that will help get you end the clutter and get organized.
1. Don't take on too much at one time. Write down the areas you are concerned with and focus on one project at a time.
2. Remove everything from the area you have chosen to work on and evaluate what you had in that space and how you feel that space will work better for you.
3. Organize similar items in the same place. This will make it easier to find things when you need them.
4. Use containers that you can see through and that will efficiently keep your items in control.
5. Schedule yourself a time to revisit your reorganized areas to be sure they are working for you.
Remember, that even if you come up with a stellar idea, you will have to commit to following through or you will end up right back in an overwhelming condition.