10 Tips for Organizing Your Dorm Room
Living in a dorm room has its challenges. Small spaces with little storage can create an organizing nightmare. Here are 10 things that will help you prepare your dorm room for organized college living.
1. Look for under-bed storage options for containing seasonal clothing or linens.
2. Buy modular containers for stacking supplies. games, scarves or other small items.
3. Desk drawer inserts keep your supplies organized.
4. Use clear plastic containers for storing clothing on overhead closet shelves.
5. Check out decorative boxes for creating unique storage spaces.
6. Use wall space to put up shelves for books or hang hooks for backpacks or skateboards.
7. Use hooks in closets or behind closet doors for hanging jackets, hats, scarves or bags.
8. Invest in lightweight, easy to carry laundry containers.
9. Assign special containers or trays for keys, sunglasses, wallets making them easier to locate when on the go.
10. Put things back in their proper places when you are finished with them to reduce clutter.
Research stores that carry containers or have storage ideas and shop before you go to your new home. Keeping small spaces tidy and lean are important to maintaining an organized lifestyle leaving you more time to enjoy all that college life has to offer.
It's as simple as that!